Old to New Dragonfly Garden

Howdy all, hope you are staying warm and well! It has sure been brutal! Sunshine was good to see today and I'm excited for temps in the teens tomorrow 😍

As I mentioned on Facebook Monday night, I spent most of Monday in the stamp room. What started out as a quick clean off of the desk ended up being a clean and sort most of the day. Mostly putting away and making room to walk through and sit on the couch! But while doing that I came across a few kits from previous classes that intrigued me. When I was doing club and classes on a regular bases I always prepped the cards ahead of time by cutting all the cardstock. I have TONS of little packets of cut card stock hanging around. Sometimes they speak to me and ask to be used up! I like to call these Old to New, and here are the New.

Remember these likely use several retired items, but if you like the idea ask and I'll help you find something current that will give you a very similar look!

I did two versions of the NEW using the new Dragonfly garden set.

And here is the original, from an Open House back in 2012. Details are HERE if you want to flash back!

Card base is previous In Color Summer Starfruit. Not one of my faves if I'm being honest, but I like it with natural images like these. Accent layer of Early Espresso, background layer of (now retired) Naturals White. Same technique on all with a little variance. All 3 shadow elements were achieved by cutting a die shape and sponging through it. Old used sponges, New uses the new blending brush. I looked through all my current dies and settled on Tasteful Labels, and then couldn't decide so I did two different ones. For each, I held the piece the die was cut out of over the background. I then brushed my Blending Brush over the pad, and then onto the background in a swirling motion. This inkpad was dry so they came out a little light but OK. There was no issue with too much ink on the brush!

The top card uses the wider template, so I thought both dragonflies would fit and they do. They are stamped in Early Espresso, along with the saying. I brushed the dragonflies with Stella, found a different retired Early Espresso ribbon to knot around, and added 3 rhinestones for accent.

The flower one uses the narrower template. These flowers are super tall and I didn't want them "running" off the bottom so I put a sticky note near the bottom of the template, about where I thought I would want the ribbon. I colored the flowers just a bit with the Starfruit and Espresso markers and then added some Stella. They saying on this one seemed to sit best at the bottom, and again 3 rhinestones for accent.

Several packages used up and 5 cards now in my stash of ready cards. Thanks for stopping by today. Shopping links and product details available. There is another project already on my desk and a few hanging in the wings so hopefully back soon :)

Click HERE to Shop my Online Store!!

Product List

No comments: